From monomers to tailor-made components
The Fraunhofer Pilot Plant Center for Polymer Synthesis and Processing PAZ operates in the ValuePark® Schkopau performing polymer synthesis and processing procedures on an industrial-orientated scale. The technical possibilities as well as the concentration of resources in both polymer synthesis and processing that can be found at the Pilot Plant Center offer unique selling points on the R&D market.
Together with our industrial partners we develop and manufacture new polymer materials and make corresponding components ready for use.
The Fraunhofer PAZ is a joint initiative of the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research IAP, located in Potsdam Golm, and the Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructures of Materials and Systems IMWS in Halle.
Fraunhofer PAZ profile
- polymer synthesis and processing
- scale-up semi-industrial standards
- the biggest non-industrial polymer synthesis facility in Europe
- flexible synthesis plants
- complete development chain: from material design to tested prototypical components
- pre-serial production of components
- improvement of efficiency with industrial-scale processes
- replacement of oil based by nature based polymers
- low-resistance tires made from recycled materials
- very light and stable high performance composites for the automobile or aviation industry
- synthetic rubber - as powerful as natural rubber